Friday, December 17, 2010

Simple is best

I have been baking a lot in the past couple of weeks. Trying new recipes and frequently finding myself disappointed by the results.

It's been a little frustrating. Especially when I follow every steps in the recipe yet my product turn out totally differently from what it should be.

Though it's disappointing, but it won't stop me from continue to try.

Today, once again, something new, something I wanted to do for a long time - fondant cake. My very first fondant cake, ever.



Playing with fondant and gumpaste is fun! Ryan thinks it's play-doh. Adult play-doh.

Good thing about fondant cake is you can have some of the deco done ahead of time. For this cake, the bow and the letters were prepared days before. This cake was assembled on Wednesday night.

This birthday cake was supposed to take to the office on Thursday but plan changed when I learned Ryan's school will be closed at 12 noon on Thursday and open all day Friday. Huh, so confusing? Weeks ago, I submit my day off request for Friday, thinking school closed on Friday. Well, I guess I was wrong.


 

It was JB birthday on Tuesday, but he only get to cut this cake on Friday. On Friday, I brought this cake to the office, everyone in the office were impressed. They all want to keep the cake the way it is. Simply too good to cut.


I'm pleased with the result of this simple looking fondant cake. I'm even happier when everyone loves it!

Note: I will follow up with another post detailing step by step instruction in fondant/gumpaste decorating. Click here for the bow.

1 comment:

  1. Nice cake!!! think to make a cake for my little gal for her coming birthday!

    yeah.. hope to c your fondant recipe soon.

    from,
    aiyong

    ReplyDelete