Saturday, December 4, 2010

Engineer @ work



As we enter the festive month of December, everyone is taken by the Christmas spirit. The tree is up, the lights are aglow, and the air is filled with gingerbread smell.

V and I decided to do something special -  gingerbread house challenge! 

On Tuesday, we have lunch with two other girls. We were talking about the gingerbread, JT already started her gingerbread man last week. She already been baking over I-don't-know how many dozens of gingerbread man. V threw a question, is gingerbread an evil one? That's why we eat them? We have a good laugh but we have no exact answer for that. hmm...I never thought of how and when the gingerbread man started? I always think it has something to do with the fairy tale: Hansel and Gretel story.

I went to JH, cuz he's our go-to guy. He has no answer too.

Regardless of what's the story behind the gingerbread man, V and I already in gingerbread action mode!

Checking the list twice! We are ready to rock!





Don't yell! I know, I know. We cheated. We got the Gingerbread House Kit :P
This kit comes in everything you need, pre-baked roof and wall, candies, icing.

Check out our work in progress:

foundation is laid, walls are built up...   

roof is installed just before snow dumped...

snow storm hits our construction site...roof all covered up by snow.

With a little helping hand, our project is able to finish on time. 

For the finishing touch, V did some lanscaping around the house. I just love these trees. They are cute and yummy.

 Ta-da! Our very first housing project. 

This project is designed by, V.L, P.E and supervised by A.K., P.E.


No comments:

Post a Comment